is here and I have no idea where time went. How in the world is it already December?! Well needless to say I’ve hunkered down and have been hitting the books in preparation for my statistics final tomorrow morning at 9am (yuck!) who schedules a math final on a Saturday morning? Come on! I decided that I needed a study break so I jumped into the kitchen and whipped up a batch of puppy chow and decided to share that with you. I hope you enjoy, just pretend that you can smell the chocolate and the peanut butter melting together into a heavenly snack, or try it out yourself it is easy and fast!
First you’ll need to gather up the following ingredients!
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Butter
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
9 cups Crispix cereal
1.5 cups Powdered Sugar
Pam is optional but I found it helpful to spray the measuring cup before putting peanut butter in, it came out much easier!
1. Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for one minute then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. You may need a little additional time, I zapped everything for a minute and then stirred and then added another 30 seconds. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Stir well.
3. Place the 9 cups of Crispix cereal in a very large bowl.
4. Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss evenly, making sure all the cereal gets a good covering.
5. Coat with powdered sugar, sprinkling evenly over the cereal and tossing as you sprinkle to cover each piece well.
**this also works well in two batches if you do it in a large ziplock bag, then you can just shake everything together!**