I love the peppermint bark from William Sonoma, it’s so good but also so very expensive! This year I decided to give it a try and make some of my own and while I haven’t tasted it quite yet I think it looks awesome and would be a great little gift!
2 bags white chocolate chips
2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
12-14 candy canes, crushed
(I used all the ingredients and made one batch of bark however I think it would work just as well using one bag of each chips per batch. You can use less candy canes if you don’t like a lot! My bark came out pretty thick so it just depends on your preference!)
1) line a cookie sheet with foil and smooth it out so that there are no wrinkles to be seen
2) Place white chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl, zap at 1 minute then stir. Continue to do so at 30 second intervals until the chips are melted. Make sure you remember to stir every time or you’ll get burnt chocolate at the bottom of your bowl!
3) pour the melted white chocolate onto the cookie sheet and spread it out evenly
4) place the cookie sheet in the fridge to let the white chocolate set a little bit
5) repeat steps with the semi-sweet chocolate
7) remove from fridge, break into pieces and enjoy!
*should keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks
Until next time…cheers!